At this very difficult time for us all, we need to make sure that all of our students have access to support if they have any concerns. Our safeguarding team continues to be on hand if students have any concerns, or if parents/carers wish to get in contact to report a safeguarding issue at the following email address:
In addition to this, we have put together some useful websites and points of contact that can support both you and your child during this time.
NHS Crisis Support for Children and Young people
The Rise Crisis & Home Treatment team (Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust) provide multi-disciplinary support to children and young people (under 18s) who present in mental health crisis.
We assess those who are:
- an immediate and significant risk to others due to their mental health
- being considered for admission to a mental health inpatient unit
- at risk of immediate and significant self-harm
- in acute psychological or emotional distress that is causing
- them to not be able to go about their daily activities, such as going to school and looking after themselves
For urgent calls, for children and young people who are experiencing a mental health crisis contact the Rise Crisis team between 8am-8pm 02476 641799 or call 0300 200 0011 outside of these hours.
During the COVID-19 response, this is service is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, with an advice-only service outside the core hours of 8am-8pm.
Rise is a family of NHS-led services providing emotional wellbeing and mental health services for children and young people in Coventry and Warwickshire.
It aims to build resilience and empower children and young people (as well as the adults in their lives) to know where to go for help and advice.
The majority of services are for those up to the age of 17.
Non-urgent referrals can be made through the Rise Navigation Hub on Tel: 0300 200 2021/ Fax: 024 7696 1579 8am-6pm
Our School Nursing service is available for parents/carers; if you have any questions or concerns, they now have a direct Parent Line that you can text on 07507 329 114. The school nursing service will then call you back to discuss your concerns.
There are organisations that are offering online support for young people, which is particularly important at this time, to help them cope with the restrictions of the Coronavirus.
www.covwarkpt.nhs.uk/iapt (16 years and over)
E-Safety: Parent Guides to Apps/Games
The Government has also put together a number of online safety guides for parents/carers:
- Internet matters www.internetmatters.org
- London Grid for Learning www.lgfl.net
- Net-aware (NSPCC) www.net-aware.org.uk
- Thinkuknow (National Crime Agency) www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- UK Safer Internet Centre www.saferinternet.org.uk
- Other useful websites for parents/carers: